Hôtel de Ville de Liévin

Avenue Lamendin - 62800 LIEVIN


This building marks the willingness of the municipality to display his power against the mining companies.

Jean Goniaux was given the task of building Liévin’s town hall, which was officially opened in 1926. The stylish belfry adds a special touch to this eclectic town hall made of concrete. Inside the municipal building, in the stairway of honour, are beautiful stained glass windows, works by Lille stained glass artist Alfred Labille, that honour mining, a theme chosen by the elected officials of the time.