Géolocalization
 
La clinique de Sainte-Barbe

Boulevard Arthur Lamendin - 62160 BULLY LES MINES

 
 

Built from 1924 to 1927, it is one of the main elements of the network of medico-social work developed by the Compagnie des Mines de Bethune for his workers.

In the aftermath of the First World War, the building aims to provide a facility close to major established on the Company grant to the big cities of mining populations.
The imposing buildings which are topped up roofs with wide overhangs and are decorated in duotone pattern red brick background of yellow bricks. It has the original fifty beds, two operating rooms, an X-ray room, laboratory examination of blood and bacteriology etc..
Welcoming various medical specialties, it was intended in particular to limit the infant mortality by allowing women to give birth there and treat injuries and diseases caused by the mine. This is why a plant for sterilization and pasteurization of milk, a living mechano for the rehabilitation of injured and inhalatorium intended for respiratory diseases were also there in place.Fell into the lap of Coal Basin Nord-Pas de Calais after nationalization, the clinic continues to operate until the early 1990s. The buildings have since been renovated and expanded to accommodate a center-based care to the elderly and the sick within psychiatry.

Host languages :
french