Géolocalization
 
Address & contact

7 rue de Béthune - 62160 AIX NOULETTE

t. 03 21 72 66 44f. 03 21 45 41 47
 
Introduction

7 route de Béthune

In Aix-Noulette

Contact the Town Hall.
Tel: 03 21 72 66 44

Opening hours:
Monday through Friday from 8am to 12am and 1.30pm to 5.30pm

A little history:

Halfway between Bethune and Arras, we discover Aix Noulette, nestled at the foot of the verdant hill of Loreto, located on the edge of populous Coalfield. This town, which owes its name to Water for Life "aqua" to Aix, "established" that is to say "drowned land" for Noulette, deserves some attention here, as its landscape and its stones have secrets to reveal.
Some argue that Aix, including an ancient site known as the "City of Uzon" hiding in the woods, was the capital of Gohelle, including countries of the region today Lens. The "old Aix" we discover a major relic of the early days of feudalism, still visible near the present castlethe feudal so-called "Ech'Catez", on which was once a rising defensive construction of timber surrounded by a moat. In the Middle Ages, the village has many estates which Noulette, where the castle was rebuilt after World War I on the ruins of an ancient fortress, the "peerage of Aix", held in the fifteenth century by the famous and royal lineage of the Bourbon-Carency, and the "court of Aix." It is the will of a lord of that place, the rich and powerful knight, governor of Gilles de Bethune Lens, which was enlarged in the fifteenth century the church of St. Germain. This exceptional building, listed building has three naves, which give the particular shape of a "church hall". His contractor was none other than the architect of the Belfry of Arras. 1789: the Revolution. 1790: the first mayor of Aix, who did one with Noulette the following year was elected to the church, three years later served as shop saltpeter.Of its agricultural past, the village has retained its old farmhouses, perfect expression of the architectural style of the rural country of Artois, low houses of modest laborers, with mud walls, the "supposed" to enclosed courtyard farmers richer marrying the white stone and red brick. The farm known as the Coal Mines and monumental porch, purchased in 1913 by the Mines de Bethune who wanted to avoid trouble and sinking, the basement being used at that time, we refer to the industrial past of the town: coal the miners, the "City 10" on the road to Bethune, but also beer, the brewery that a farmer bullybeois, Brasme Florida, became the owner. It bought in 1892 land on which he built a remarkable building 'white', which served as a malt house until 1936. By 1914, this building became one of the first aid station of the Red Cross commissioned near the front. Of the Great War 1914-1918, Aix Noulette retains many and painful memories. At the beginning of the conflict, severe fighting there were delivered;the church was seriously damaged in 1915 before being rebuilt in 1927. The village was mentioned in dispatches entitlement to the Croix de Guerre.

Today, the town strives to preserve and enhance its heritage: restoration of the farm became Dunat library, farm Carin Nicolas become home to 10 residential homes and farm the place called "The Village" became cottage "ch'nocq." Planning policy is carried out, anxious to respect the architectural environment and secular needs of a new common future-oriented.

To see:
- The Church Hall Saint Germain: Built by Gilles de Lens, Seigneur d'Aix, to 1531, the church, historic monument of the town and most visible when you take the main road linking Aix to Arras Bethune? Historic Monument in 1920, is currently the subject of several special attention for its stained glass windows, designed in 1927 and 1934 by Mr.Germany and the workshops run by the Church of Paris. They have been restored and are remarkable for their technical made using the technique consists in medieval leaded each element of the design. Composed of two hundred hues, their light bathes the interior of the church and transforms into a kaleidoscope. Style 1930 is in perfect harmony with the furniture and in contrast to the building.

- Chateau d'Aix: Great townhouse, situated in the historical center of the commune, this building is certainly the location of a real castle, owned by the lord of Aix, even the Count of Lens. It belonged to the family of Beaulaincourt throughout the nineteenth century, before being acquired by Florida Brasme 1890.

- Five farms in the architectural heritage of Aix Noulette: most of the old farms were destroyed during the First World War, many were rebuilt in brick, few of them are now built of white stone:The farm of coal, farm Carin-Post, the Communal Cottage, Farm Dunat transformed into library, toy library and music school, the farm Carin Nicolas.

- Malting: Area of ​​germination. In the historic heart of Aix Noulette, Malting is off the main road between Bethune and Arras to the roadside Bouvigny, leading into the hills of Artois. A malt is a hotbed there was the sprouting barley malt that can be used in the manufacture of beer. So it is a place of gestation, an "area of ​​germination." Applied to human activity, it is a place for reflection, learning forward. Closed in 1936, the building connects us to ancient times with different values.


- The Votive Chapel of Aix Noulette: In 1944, Father Dubois, Parish priest, vowed to build a chapel if the village was spared from bombing. The construction work performed by volunteers, began in January 1945 with sandstone castle Gouy-Servins.In September 1945 it opened lei gives a historical parade that remains etched in the memories of elders. The castle mound is located is located in the historic village center, next to the castle. It was included in the supplementary inventory of historical monuments on 1 February 1980. Many people reject the idea that this could be up against a castle mound. This is a common attitude: the presence of a protected historic site requires people to carry around a special attention, which may appear as a constraint, especially when it comes to obtaining building permits. However, the study of the history of Aix, as well as drawing in Aix-en-Gohelle contained in the albums of Croy, early seventeenth century, show that there was an early manor and that a fortress. Place names from around the Motte and its shape and size are all indicators that a deeper study of the medieval history of Aix and archaeological excavations could be confirmed.

- The Carillon:installed in place of the Town Hall in December 1993 thanks to corporate sponsorship, it continues the tradition of chimes. Rich fourteen bells weighing from 11 to 34 kg consisting of copper and tin and topped with a dial, it can be interpreted a hundred different tunes. It was designed by Petit and Fritzen workshops in Holland.

- The military cemeteries

- Hiking trails departing from Communal Country:
- Trail Motte 12 km

- Trail Wood Carrembassée 12 km

- Musée de l'Abeille